Friday, December 12, 2008

My Opinion November 2008

So I haven't updated my blog for awhile I feel like the last 2 months have flown by and gotten away from me so here is where I want to start. One reason I was holding out is that I had gotten into quite a few discussions about the political issues and especially Prop 8. As I heard things and discussed the issue with others I came across this picture. One I never thought I would ever see.



So I want to share my feelings but as I do so I hope that others reading will understand that this is my blog and therefore my opinion. If you do not like it please stop reading and don't leave me nasty messages for voicing my opinion on my own blog. So I didn't realize how much of an opinion I have on the subject. I do have sympothy for those who have chosen to live an alterative lifestyle. I have family and friends who I care about who are affected by the outcome. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a member of the LDS Church and to have a knowledge of the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father. I have heard others say that the church shouldn't have gotten involed in the political issue however the one thing that we stand for is in defense of the family. We even have a proclamation in the defense of the family that was published years earlier. The backlash that has come against the church is sad to me but Joseph Smith so long ago said: "...armies may assemble, calimy may defame but the church of God will go forth boldly nobley and independent till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

3 comments:

Heath694 said...

. . .Word!

Unknown said...

Nicely said! :)

Becky Rose said...

Love the pictures, love the comments and Wahoo on the standard of truth!