Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snow much fun but done.

So we got a huge storm this December. It started snowing on a Saturday afternoon and didn't stop until Monday morning about 2am. Anyway, it continued to stay cold through Christmas and snowed off and on the entire week. It was fun for the first couple of hmmm.... days maybe hours, I don't know. It was fun for Dane but we still had to get out and take Michael to work. Costco never sleeps! Luckily it is only 3 miles. However if I wanted the car I had to take him to work. Luckily we have 4-wheel drive but never had to use it. I also found it was a great time to go shopping. No one is out here when it snows. Brenda and I were even daring enough to go up to Talus to Jaime's house for craft night. Not sure if that was brave or stupid but it was a blast. Good times with good friends I'm there. So all in all the snow was fun but glad when we got home from our little post Christmas vacation that it had rained enough in two days to melt it away. The one thing I was most grateful for was that the power did not go out with this storm. I kept thinking bring on the snow just leave the lights on!

This is Dane in what we thought would be the BIG storm that we would get.
This is what we actually got. I had just cleared off the Explorer a few hours ago to take him to work then noticed it had already piled back up.
I tried to convince Dane that it would be fun to go down the slide but he is too smart to fall for Mom's tricks these days.


No comments: