Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

Do you like the purple padding fabric on our cabin? Our group name was "Waiting for our Starry Knights"

Issaquah 1st Ward Girls!!!

So it was a last minute thing this year, but I got to go to Girls Camp. It was so great. I seriously had the best unit there. We had two unit counslers in each group and the other counsler was awesome too. You are my hero Angela. I had been in Young Women's in my other wards for so long but with working and schedules I had never been able to go to camp with them. Anyway, I am teaching the 8 yr olds in Primary but still got to go. We had a great group of girls who taught me so much. I really learned a lot about myself this year. It's amazing the things we learn about ourselves when the Lord tweeks our view. I really hope they let me go again in the future. I had an opportunity to reflect on camp from when I was in Young Women's. It was such a blessing in my life and really helped me to gain a testimony. I also realized that when I went to camp I wasn't really camping. They really camp in this stake, but it was awesome. It was also nice to get to know the girls better in our ward. They are small in numbers but giant in spirit. They are such great girls and I love how accepting they are of even us goofy leaders. Love ya girls.

1 comment:

staceygriff said...

you did have a pretty awesome camp and it was decorated pretty good. well ok.... one of the best. you rocked at camp!